Apple Puree Baby Food
Ah, the classics! This Apple Puree Baby Food – 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe at Cleanbabyfood.com is one that can be made in a big batch to freeze for latter! And who knows … maybe mommy and partner will like it also?
Ingredients for Apple Puree Baby Food – 4-6 Month Baby Food:
- 5-10 large apples
- Cinnamon to taste
1. Peel and core your apples removing all skin and seeds
2. Cut it into slices/chunks.
3. Place the apples in a pot and fill with water just a little less than covering the apples (they will cook down).
4. Cover with a lid and boil the apples until they are tender
5. Stir and check the water level while they are cooking
6. Scoop the apples from the water and place in a blender or food processor
7. Reserve the remaining water in case you need more for a better puree
8. Puree until the mixture is the desired texture
9. Let the mixture cool before serving up or storing
Storage – 4 days in fridge or 3 months in freezer
This This Apple Puree Baby Food – 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe at Cleanbabyfood.com recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Enjoy your little human and love them … this is what it is all about.