Sweet Potato Puree
Introducing your little one to the nutritious joys of sweet potatoes is an important step in their development, and our Sweet Potato Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food recipe is a delicious and convenient way to do so. Suitable for babies aged 4-6 months, this recipe features sweet potatoes, a root vegetable that is packed with nutrients and has a naturally sweet flavor. The puree is easy to make and can be served as a standalone dish or mixed with other purees to add flavor and nutrients. In addition to being tasty and healthy, this puree is also a great way to expose your baby to a variety of flavors and textures, which can help them become more adventurous eaters as they grow. So why not give our Sweet Potato Puree a try and start your little one on the right path towards a lifetime of healthy eating.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 13 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk
- 1 tablespoon water (Can Substitute Breast Milk!)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until tender. Cool 45 minutes or until cool enough to handle
3. Peel sweet potatoes. Place flesh in a food processor; process until smooth, adding 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency
3. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!