Healthy and Delicious Toddler Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: Perfect Baby Food Recipe for 12-18 Month Olds
This homemade toddler sweet potato pie baby food is not only tasty, but it’s also packed with nutrients, especially vitamin A, making it the perfect snack for your little one. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for busy moms on the go.
Ingredients for Toddler Sweet Potato Pie – 12-18 Month Baby Food:
- 2 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each)
- 1 3/4 cups fine graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers, finely ground)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in 2 layers of aluminum foil and roast them in the oven until very soft, about 1 hour and 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the butter and mix until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to create a crust, being sure there are no cracks.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden, then remove from the oven.
- For the filling, unwrap the potatoes and peel them, then put the flesh into a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add the eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and whip until very smooth with a whisk.
- Pour the filling into the partially baked crust. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon brown sugar over the top and bake in the center of the oven until set, about 40 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before cutting, then serve at room temperature.
Don’t forget to give your little one plenty of love and affection every day!