Double Chocolate Hazelnut Rounds
If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious snack for your toddler, try making this homemade Double Chocolate Hazelnut Rounds: 12-18 Month Baby Food. It’s easy to make and much more cost-effective than store-bought options, and it’s packed with protein to fuel your little one’s growing body.
Ingredients for Double-Chocolate Hazelnut Rounds: 12-18 Month Baby Food:
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a single layer on the baking sheet, combine the almonds and maple syrup until all of the almonds are well coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through the baking time. Allow the almonds to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds in 2-second bursts for 30 seconds to start breaking them down.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, coconut oil, and salt, and continue to process on full speed for 10 to 15 minutes until the almonds are completely smooth.
Your homemade Toddler Maple Almond Butter is now ready to serve! You can serve it as a dip for apples or bananas, spread on top of a thick slice of toast for a traditional sandwich, spooned into plain oatmeal, or as a base for an almond maple smoothie. It’s a healthy and delicious snack that your toddler is sure to enjoy
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!