Looking for a tasty and nutritious way to introduce your little one to new foods? Our Beet Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food recipe is a perfect choice. This recipe features beets, a root vegetable that is packed with nutrients and has a slightly sweet and earthy flavor. The puree is easy to make and can be served as a standalone dish or mixed with other purees to add flavor and nutrients. In addition to being delicious and healthy, this puree is also a great way to expose your baby to a variety of flavors and textures, which can help them become more adventurous eaters as they grow. And who knows, you and your partner may even enjoy it as well! So why not give our Beet Puree a try and see how much your little one loves it.
Ingredients for Beet Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food:
- 2 beets (about 11 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water (may substitute breast milk or formula)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Wrap each beet in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven; cool slightly
3. Trim off beet root; rub off skin. Cut beets in half
4. Place in a food processor; process until smooth, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency
3. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!