Butternut Squash Puree
Butternut Squash Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food is a nutritious and tasty option for babies aged 4-6 months. Made with butternut squash, a type of winter squash that is packed with nutrients and has a sweet and slightly nutty flavor. This puree is easy to make and can be served as a standalone dish or mixed with other purees to add flavor and nutrients. It is a great way to expose your baby to a variety of flavors and textures, helping them become more adventurous eaters as they grow.
Ingredients for Butternut Squash Puree: 4-6 Month Baby Food:
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon water (Can Substitute Breast Milk!)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane with a spoon. Place butternut squash, cut sides down, in a 13 x9inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pierce squash multiple times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until squash is very tender. Cool squash 10 minutes
3. Remove cooked squash from skins using a spoon, and place in a food processor. Process until smooth, adding 1 tablespoon water (or Breast Milk Substitute), if needed, to reach desired consistency
3. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
Large squash can be difficult to cut. To make cutting easier and safer, pierce the squash several times with a sharp knife. Microwave it at HIGH 1 minute: cut it in half as directed in recipe.
Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!