Apple and Sweet Potato Soup
This Apple and Sweet Potato Soup – 6-12 Month Baby Food recipe is perfect for the baby who is just discovering soup. Delicious and nutritous, who knows, maybe mommy and partner will like it also?
Apple and Sweet Potato Soup – 6-12 Month Baby Food Ingredients:
2 tsp flour
2 tsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup low sodium or homemade chicken broth
2 tsp applesauce (homemade or jar … we like homemade 😉
3/4 cup sweet potatoes – cooked
pinch ground ginger (optional)
pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup milk (use breast milk or formula as awesome subs)
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and stir in the flour
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until the flour/butter mixture turns golden
3. Pour in the broth slowly, stirring constantly, then add the applesauce, sweet potato, ginger and cinnamon
4. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat until the mixture is simmering gently
5. Cook for 5 minutes
6. Puree the mixture (either by transferring to a food processor in batches, or using a hand blender in the pot), then return it to the saucepan
7. Pour in the milk, warm through gently
8. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
9. Serve to your precious little human!
This Apple and Sweet Potato Soup – 6-12 Month Baby Food Recipe can be stored for a short while and reheated to serve again. Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!