Pan-Grilled Snapper Orzo Pasta Salad
This Pan-Grilled Snapper Orzo Pasta Salad – a 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe from CleanBabyFood, is a nutritious and delicious meal for your baby. With a focus on providing a balanced diet, this recipe combines the lean protein of pan-grilled snapper and complex carbohydrates from orzo pasta. The pasta salad is seasoned with fresh herbs and a zesty lemon dressing, making it a tasty and exciting dish for your little one. While this recipe may be considered adventurous compared to your baby’s usual fare, introducing new foods is an important part of expanding their palate and taste preferences. The dish is easy to prepare and offers the perfect balance of flavors, textures and nutrients to keep your baby happy and healthy. So why not give it a try and see if your baby loves this unique and nutritious pasta salad!
Ingredients for Pan-Grilled Snapper Orzo Pasta Salad – 12-18 Month Baby Food:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cinnamon sticks; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir in rice, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, tomato, salt, and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes
or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed
2. Add spinach and raisins; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in chicken.
For mommy, sprinkle with toasted walnuts and dill for added flavor. Hopefully, this Pan-Grilled Snapper Orzo Pasta Salad – 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe can introduce your precious little one to new textures and flavors!
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!