Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food
This Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food – 12-18 Month Baby Food CleanBabyFood Recipe is for babies that enjoy healthy, delicious and nutritious food.
Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food – 12-18 Month Baby Food Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 8 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, rosemary, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally
2. Stir in barley and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until barley is tender
3. Add spinach, cheese, and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently
For baby: Serve the barley mixture in a small bowl. Cut the mushrooms and spinach into bite-sized pieces, if needed
For Mommy: Add black pepper to Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food – 12-18 Month Baby Food for more flavor maybe for yourself and partner? Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!