Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food
This Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Recipe, designed for 12-18 month old babies, is the perfect dish for little ones who love healthy, delicious, and nutritious meals. CleanBabyFood’s recipe uses wholesome ingredients to create a well-balanced meal that not only tastes great, but is packed with essential nutrients your baby needs to grow and thrive. The barley provides a good source of fiber, carbohydrates and other important nutrients, while the shiitake mushrooms add a rich, earthy flavor and antioxidants to the dish. The spinach, a leafy green powerhouse, provides essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron and calcium, that are important for the growth and development of your baby. This recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect for busy parents who want to make sure their baby is getting a nutritious and delicious meal in a timely manner. So why not give this Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food recipe a try today, and see if your little one will enjoy this healthy and delicious dish!
Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach Baby Food: 12-18 Month Baby Food Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 8 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, rosemary, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally
2. Stir in barley and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until barley is tender
3. Add spinach, cheese, and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently
For baby: Serve the barley mixture in a small bowl. Cut the mushrooms and spinach into bite-sized pieces, if needed
For Mommy: Add black pepper too Barley with Shiitakes and Spinach for more flavor maybe for yourself and partner?
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and love every day!