Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins
A great snack to sneak in extra fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fiber. Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins – 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe at CleanBabyFood requires no assistance from mom or dad, toddlers can feed themselves.
Ingredients for Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins – 12-18 Month Baby Food:
2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
1.6 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture
3. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in apricots. Spoon batter into 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack
4. Let muffins cool
5. Taste to make sure your Clean Baby Food is good!
6. Serve to your precious little human
Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins – 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe is easy to keep on hand because most freeze well. (Store them in airtight, freezer-safe containers, pull them out as needed, and defrost them in the microwave. Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!