Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins
A great snack to sneak in extra fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fiber. Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins: 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe at CleanBabyFood requires no assistance from mom or dad, toddlers can feed themselves.
Ingredients for Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins: 12-18 Month Baby Food:
2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
1.6 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture
3. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in apricots. Spoon batter into 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack
4. Let muffins cool
5. Taste to make sure your Clean Baby Food is good!
6. Serve to your precious little human
Mini Whole Wheat Apricot Muffins Recipe is easy to keep on hand because most freeze well. (Store them in airtight, freezer-safe containers, pull them out as needed, and defrost them in the microwave.
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!