Apple Turkey Loaf Sticks Baby Food
This Apple Turkey Loaf Sticks – 12-18 Month Baby Food Recipe is a healthy, delicious snack for baby! Great to bring when on the go for quick snacks or meal.
Ingredients for Apple Turkey Loaf Sticks – 12-18 Month Baby Food:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 whole egg or 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup pureed carrots
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup unprocessed natural wheat or oat bran
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- pinch of basil
- pinch of garlic powder
1. Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the egg/yolk, carrots, applesauce, spices, bread crumbs and bran.
3. Mix well – If this mixture appears too dry, add more carrots or applesauce. If this mixture appears too wet, add more bran and/or bread crumbs
4. Place mix into a lightly oiled (olive oil) loaf pan and bake at 350F for approx. 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. **You may wish to cover with foil to prevent the top from burning
5. When finished baking and cooled, remove loaf from pan and slice as you would for bread. Break into small bits for finger feeding or mash or chop gently
Apple Turkey Loaf Sticks – 12-18 Month Baby Food recipe may also be made into “Turkey Sticks” for Toddlers and older babies who are able to handle more textured/chunky finger foods. Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!