Sweet Potato Puree
What a great way to introduce your precious little human to the nutritious joys of Sweet Potato. This Sweet Potato Puree – 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe at CleanBabyFood is delicious and nutritious and can start your baby on the right life food journey.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Puree – 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 13 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk
- 1 tablespoon water (Can Substitute Breast Milk!)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until tender. Cool 45 minutes or until cool enough to handle
3. Peel sweet potatoes. Place flesh in a food processor; process until smooth, adding 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency
3. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!