Fun Pink Apple Sauce
Apples are a nutritious and delicious choice for your baby’s first foods, and they are the star ingredient in our Fun Pink Apple Sauce: 6-12 Month Baby Food. Apples are a true wonder fruit, packed with antioxidants, fiber, and a host of other nutrients that support your baby’s overall health and development. They are easy to digest and have a naturally sweet flavor that is sure to be a hit with your little one. In addition to being a healthy choice for your baby, apples are also very versatile and can be incorporated into a wide variety of recipes, from sauces and purees to baked goods and more. So why not give our Fun Pink Apple Sauce recipe a try and see how much your little one loves it!
Ingredients for Fun Pink Apple Sauce: 6-12 Month Baby Food:
- 5 pounds Macintosh apples, quartered and cored
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Place apples in a large pot with the sugar, water, and lemon juice
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered
3. Stirring occasionally, until the apples are very soft and lose their shape, about 25 minutes
4. Remove the apples from the heat and allow to cool slightly
5. Puree apples in a food processor
6. If using the food processor, strain the apples through a sieve to remove the pieces of apple skin
7. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg
8. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold
Fun Pink Apple Sauce is such a delicious recipe for your baby or toddler! A wonderful and nutritious snack or side dish. Homemade apple sauce is truly a wonder fruit and may be one on your baby’s first foods. Very easy to prepare, easy to digest and are full of nutrients. Apples are also very versatile and may be added to almost any baby recipe you find. Applesauce is great to mix with cereals.
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!