This Beet Puree – 4-6 Month Baby Food Recipe at CleanBabyFood will help introduce your precious little human to new foods that are delicious and good for them! Who knows, maybe mommy and partner will like it also?
Ingredients for Beet Puree – 4-6 Month Baby Food:
- 2 beets (about 11 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water (may substitute breast milk or formula)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Wrap each beet in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven; cool slightly
3. Trim off beet root; rub off skin. Cut beets in half
4. Place in a food processor; process until smooth, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency
3. Taste … to make sure this Clean Baby Food is good for your baby
This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Remember to give your precious little human a hug and a love every day!